Randall L. Whipkey
The first week the Katmandu Klub introduced karaoke to draw more customers, it held a nightly contest from Monday to Saturday, and awarded a prize - one evening an auto tape system - to the best performer each night. The winners included three men - Anthony, Brent, and Danny - and three women - Cass, Jane, and Rhonda. Can you determine each night's winner's full name (one surname is Sargent), the song he or she sang, and the prize won for that performance?
- Jane won the night before the person who sang "Born in the U.S.A."
- Brent isn't the winner who performed "Slow Boat to China."
- The winner who did a Platter-esque "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" won on the evening after McCloud won.
- Brent won the night before the person who received a $200 gift certificate to CD-O-Rama; the latter isn't winner Rhonda.
- Ms. Wainwright won the night before the performer who wowed the crowd with "Bohemian Rhapsody."
- Mr. Boone won a trip to a concert of his choice anywhere in the U.S.A. the night after the winner moved the audience with "Unchained Melody."
- The portable television awardee won the evening before Danny did.
- The VCR was the prize the night before the winner sang "Yesterday."
- Anthony (who didn't win the VCR) didn't perform "Bohemian Rhapsody."
- Winners Cass and Ms. Lovejoy (neither of whom won the CD player) had previously tried karaoke on a vacation to California.
- Anthony's winning evening was one night after "Slow Boat to China" was the star performance.
- The one who won with "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" didn't win on Friday.
- Cooper's karaoke triumph wasn't on Thursday.