|Jean M. Rowell
Five women went shopping together in the town of Praia da Victoria, Portugal, and each one made a single purchase during the course of the afternoon. Each made her purchase in a different shop (one was Cabral's) and for a different reason: four bought gifts for varying occasions, including a wedding; one bought an item for her own use. Can you match each woman's first name with the shop she patronized, the item she bought, and the reason for her purchase?
- Neither Maggie nor the woman who purchased the hand-embroidered tablecloth selected the graduation gift.
- The woman who bought the wicker baskets (who wasn't Carla) did her shopping at Fast Eddie's.
- The woman who shopped at Pimental's found an anniversary gift (which wasn't the tablecloth).
- Neither Mona nor the woman who bought the model ship made any purchase at Astoria or Fast Eddie's.
- Jackie (who didn't buy anything in Astoria) wound up with the silver filigree bracelet.
- Rhonda bought her item in Casa Vitoria.
- The item bought in Astoria wasn't to be a gift for anyone.
- The crystal decanter wasn't the graduation gift.
- The model ship was to be a birthday gift.