The Smith-Jones-Robinson Classic
On a train, Smith, Robinson and Jones are the fireman, brakeman, and engineer, but NOT respectively. Also aboard the train are three businessmen who have the same names: a Mr. Smith, a Mr. Robinson, and a Mr. Jones. Who is the engineer?
- Mr. Robinson lives in Detroit.
- The brakeman lives exactly halfway between Chicago and Detroit.
- Mr. Jones earns exactly $20,000 per year.
- The brakeman's nearest neighbor, one of the passengers, earns exactly three times as much as the brakeman.
- Smith beats the fireman at billiards.
- The passenger whose name is the same as the brakeman's lives in Chicago.